I have had eczema on my feet which keeps on reaccuring. Every time it breaks out I bathe in Dead Sea bath salts and rub my feet with 'Dead Sea Wonders' multi purpose cream. It really does wonders! You can order them on www . deadseawonders . net
sounds weird, but it worked for me and my son, CRISCO, plain and simple, rub it in, and let it soak. It cleared mine up after all the ointments failed. My 4 month old had it on his head, my wife tried all the fancy stuff, didn't work. A $1.79 can of Crisco cleared it up in two day.
I am 15 years old, and have had eczema all my life. I have been to dermatologists and used perseciption meds, but the best, and cheapest soulution is aveeno lotion.
Good Luck to all the other kids with this annoying condition!
Just discovered a simple eczema remedy. Take a warm shower (not hot, it's bad for eczema) with AVEENO DAILY MOISTURIZING BODY WASH for dry skin, polish that off with AVEENO SKIN RELIEF SHOWER AND BATH OIL, and finish that up with AVEENO DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION. Your skin will stay moist all night and all day. Repeat in the evening before bed-time again :) My eczema rush dried up in 2 days of using the above remedy. If your body doesn't do well with fragrance, Aveeno has the same products available fragrance-fee. Hope your skin feels better soon.
I have had eczema all my life, severe, to gone and back again. Whenever it comes up sticking to the below always removes or improves my condition depending on how bad it is at the time.....
1) Green Tea is my life savor, it cools my skin and body from the inside. I drink it constantly all day with water. 5-10 cups a day. As mostly the skin bubbles with heat anything cooling the agrivation helps.
2) Pear juice in particular cools the skin.
3) A flannel rubbed with moisturizer (Vaseline / you usual eczema cream, not steriods!), put in the frezzer put on a very Red & itcy area will immediately help.
4) I strictly avoid citrus friuts (take vitamin C to replace), Red friuts, all wheat & dairy products, spicy food, chilli, anything too sugary, food with colouring, ketchup, sweets, coke, alcohol etc. (Cook fresh as it's in the additives, & colouring, even avoid like Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar. It's where you don't expect). Be aware of each item you digest, and you can eliminate.
5) I bathe in dead sea salt, with a non scented bath oil frequently to avoid infection.
6) Avoid dust mites: Clean! Everything, use mattress covers, bed sheet covers, you can kill dust mites by frezzing. (A teddy bear/pillow/blanket).
7) Moisturize!! From the inside and out. So take oil suppliments, EPO is my fave, but also use flaxseed / starflower / GLA etc mix it up so you get a good cover. Hydrus ointment, double base, and Eparderm are my faves.
8) Most of the time for me, it's because I'm stressed/tired/burning the candle/been ill with colds and flu, so just take care of yourself.
9) Use only unscented skin friendly products for everything. Non bio washing powder.
10) Eat lots of oily foods, fish, nuts, and avocados, as well as superfoods for immune boosting.
11) Remember to see your doctor, you could have a blood / skin infection, virus, fungus, if it's a randon/severe outbreak. (My most recent outbeaks have been fungal, even if they don't like fungal, the doctor will prescibe you some creams for this).
12) Protopic, accupuncture, and homopathy have also helped me. I hate steroids, they are no fix, but good if you are desperate.
I really hope this helps someone, Eczema at any stage is hideous! If anything can ease it, it's worth trying.
This may sound a little weird, but for the itching of eczema I discovered quite by accident that vaginal anti-itch cream will stop the itch dead in it's tracks. It works better than hydrocortizone or any other anti-itch remedy that I have every tried.
I developed eczema on my legs in my mid 30's. I tried everything I could think of, including Temovate cream from the doctor. It's a mild steroid cream. It helped the itching and flare ups but didn't cure the problem.
After much reading, I tried something new. I started avoiding all forms of hydrogenated oils in food. Today my eczema is completely gone. You can't even tell it was ever there. I firmly believe the Hydrogenated oils in food is what is causing a lot of health issues, including skin problems.
My son is 7 and has had eczema his whole life. Last week it was so bad, he could hardly walk (he has it from top of theighs to below his knees). The other night after his oatmeal bath I put prescription hydrocortisone on him and he screamed for 1/2 hour from the stinging. Next a.m. I went to a wellness center that is geared toward holistic approach and bought an ointment called 'whole skin ointment' It only has 4 ingredients and is in a sesame oil base. By the next morning, his eczema was at least 50% imporved. I have been giving him an oatmeal bath everyday, and immediately following I apply the ointment. Since using this, I have been looking up the ingredients on line and found that sesame oil has great benefits for the skin. My son doesn't mind the feel of it (I used to chase hime out of the bath to coat his skin with aquafore, eucerin, etc. he hated to feel of them). This absorbs easily and doesn't feel sticky. The only downside was the price. I paid $39.00 for 1.8 oz of this ointment. I was going to get some sesame oil (cold-pressed-organic) from a whole foods store or similar and see if I get the same results. I have read that some people can be allergic to sesame or the polpolis in the ointment, but it seems to be working great for us and I just wanted to share. It has been a heartbreaking experience to watch my baby go through these outbreaks, he didn't sign up for basketball this winter because he didn't want to wear shorts and have people see his legs. It has only been 3 days, and his legs are almost totally clear (he has asked to play basketball now).
I'm 23 years old and have been suffering from eczema off and on all my life. I've tried shots, creams, pills and nothing had ever seemed to really work. Im a college student and it was so bad that I had to walk around in 90 degree weather with jackets on just so I could hide from the embarrassment of the discoloration and redness of my arms and neck. I finally found something that cleared my eczema outbreak up in 3 days. I did it three times a day for 3 days straight and my arms were clear and smooth by the third day...
Take an oatmeal bath and soak for at least 20 minutes...after you soak in the oatmeal.. take a shower and wash with Oil Of Olay Body Butter Ribbons...then use Oil of Olay's in shower body lotion and rinse off....after showering, pat your skin dry with a towel...then apply Aveeno hydrocortisone to the affected areas and rub in...then apply Noxema 'the original' skin cleansing cream and rub in....Lastly apply Palmer's cocoa butter formula all over your body..
Your skin will feel smoother than ever before...it may seem like alot of steps but it actually works and its alot better than the itching and iritation of eczema...I guarantee you that if you repeat this...for 3 times, 3 times a day...you'll be happier than ever
WELL I READ SOME OF THE REMEDIES PEOPLE HAVE USED BUT I NOTICED THAT NO ONE MENTIONED MENTHOLATUM CREAM. WHEN I HAVE AN OUTBREAK I TRIED LOTIONS CORTISONE CREAM YOU NAME IT BUT THE MENTHOLATUM CREAM STOPS THE ITCHING IMMEDIATLEY FOR ME SO MAYBE GIVE IT A TRY AND I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK.