First of all, I would like to thank the founder of this website and the contributors who have shared their experiences particularly here in this thread. I read each and every entry of this thread, and found this extremely powerful mixture (Turmeric Powder + Baking Powder + Coconut Oil) as the best home remedial alternative for me. May God bless all ! After a weeklong sickness, when I plan to resume my normal life and work, the first thing I have decided to do is to write out my terrible (inner) experience.
I have been attacked of piles for almost a decade now. I have maintained it by taking fiber-rich diet and doing Yoga. Even in one or two occasions a small lump came out and went away automatically in a couple of days without intervention of any sort of medication. I never visited a doctor for this until this time. I am 40 years old and unmarried (and still virgin!). The reason I reveal such status of mine is that married people are supposed to have stronger sphincter muscles.
It has been very chilly weather (3–7 degree centigrade) for the last two weeks. I am a very hard-working person and have my goals with strict deadlines. Due to unfavourable windy weather outside, I was working indoor sedentarily with my computer for about 11 hours every day. To strictly comply with my daily deadlines and to keep myself in best mood for the season I had skipped daily bath for many days in a row, from where I guess I got the infection. First, I saw a tiny lump came out. Like my earlier case, I did nothing predicting it would go away on its own. In the next two days the area grew like a blossoming three-petal flower. The pain turned out to be severe on the fifth day; I had never experienced such stage of inflammatory condition before. Very early in the morning, I searched my case on the web and luckily got here in this thread. The discovery of this miracle mixture was of course incidental. Then I visited a homeopathic doctor who prescribed antibiotic and laxative. No reaction occurred to my continuous and torturous pain. For the whole day, I could not sit, lie down, or walk for long in one place – but I did manage to procure turmeric powder, baking powder (cooking soda), and coconut oil by the evening on my own. I chose not to seek anybody’s help as my condition was extremely a private affair and too embarrassing to discuss. In the late evening after a light meal I tried to meditate and prayed to God while wobbling in my bed. During my intolerable pain and fever-like condition I said to myself, “This is my opportunity to realize and feel God closer”. I was at the same time kept the emergency things handy (such as credit/debit cards, insurance card, extra clothes, phone numbers for calling ambulance) just in case I have to rush to emergency room in the hospital. At twelve midnight I got out of bed and washed the area with a torn piece of cloth soaked-up in salty hot water before directing hot air blow from my room heater. The area dried and I went back to my bed following preparation of the mixture (immediately-manufactured home ointment). I lied on my back, legs up, knees bent and drawn closer to my face. In this position I applied the mixture (that felt like cold sensation) all the way around the three petals. At about 3 am the pain alleviated a little (30\\% less). I stood up and saw the area in the mirror. The left petal burst. I cleaned the area with cotton balls before applying second round of layer of that mixture specifically in the right and bottom petals. The continuous pain was still there, but less severe. I could not sleep at all. The day was as before hoping my endurance and patience would eventually pay off. The evening followed and about 18 hours later I applied third round of layer. After about two and a half hours later (around 11:45 pm) the right petal burst. The pain alleviated further and I observed very small amount of bloody substance combined with dried mixture residuals. Again I changed my underwear for the one stuffed with a female sanitary pad (yes, the thing they use during their periods). This time I was able to take a nap for around 3 hours after more than 48 restless hours of unremitting pain. The remaining part of the pain woke me up for which I had to apply a very small amount of mixture with a cotton ball in the gap near my bottom petal. After about two hours almost 95\\% of my pain passed away. I felt relieved, thanked God in silence, and then rested myself straightway without doing anything more but taking homeopathic doses time to time. I got up in the late afternoon and visited my doctor informing him that the area has 20\\% less swelling now. He gave me more doses of medication and told that 100\\% recovery I could expect in 7–10 days’ time. And today here I am recovering; as I write this I am feeling better and better by each passing moment. I walked for quite a while during the day on the roof in fresh air that provided indirect pressure to the abnormal area (I do not want to squeeze, but expect to heal naturally over sufficient amount of time as I can now resume my daily activities cautiously and comfortably). I am in no hurry. Healthy lifestyle is the timesaver and should come first at any level of cost. Note that I did not have any trouble with evacuating my bowel every day that I was concerned most about due to tremendous swelling and pain.
I am no doctor; but I do know what works and what does not work for me. Based on my unique experience I will keep the following points to my memory for the rest of my life:
1. “Prevention is better than cure.”
2. Knowledge and self-care go together with the attention of right medical practitioner before and after consultation. The ultimate doctor is the patient himself/herself.
3. Homeopathy is probably the best medical care for any type of skin disease in its early stage.
4. Not all doctors are equally qualified and fit for dealing with each type of disease irrespective of their impressive credentials. Although everyone’s problem varies on case-by-case basis, it is not uncommon to hear that unnecessary tests are notoriously performed at private clinics at the cost of a patient’s time, monetary loss, tension, and suffering. On going through this thread, it suggests that one-time surgical operation is not necessarily successful and does not always lead to a permanent solution to such a disorder like anal abscess.
5. I will do Kegel exercise (Ashwini Mudra) and Yoga six days a week.
6. While taking bath every day, I will do “Malshuddi” [inserting my (mustard oily) left index finger into the hole – twirling around clockwise and anti-clockwise – to release accumulated impure air of everyday] before washing the anal area with antibacterial soap.
7. I will include laxative-induced natural food (fruits, vegetables, milk, curd, and the like) in my daily food intake.
8. I will be taking light energetic foods more often avoiding heavy meals at a time.
9. I will be drinking about two litres of water every day.
10. I will never sit in squatting position at a stretch.
11. Next time, if I see any small lump popped out, I will immediately take natural care so that any possible infection of inner gland does not spread out and take me to that emergency-like condition again.
12. Even after taking all these above-mentioned precautions and care, if I find myself in the same reoccurring disorder ever again, I will still do the following first on my own:
(i) To guard myself internally, I will take mild antibiotic and laxative taking care of constipation-resistive diet.
(ii) I will take sitz/hip bath adding *Epsom Salt to hot water for 20–30 mins first.
(iii) I will dry the area tenderly before applying the miracle mixture. The composition of the mixture/ointment is as follows:
[Turmeric Powder + Baking Powder] (equal amount) + Coconut Oil (just enough to make a formation of paste) + *Tea Tree Oil (a few drops, as I guess it is optional here due to its burning sensational property that can expedite the bursting)
*In my current case, I cancelled the online order of Epsom Salt and Tea Tree Oil that were to deliver at a later time, as my pain had already gone by that time and I was recovering. In the absence of Epsom Salt, I would rather use traditional fomentation (a torn-piece of cloth soaked up in hot salty water); and in the absence of Tea Tree Oil, I would rather use Neem Oil.
(iv) I will keep cotton balls and ladies’ pads handy!
(v) Last but not the least, I will pray and meditate. I will beg God to flow warm tantric cosmic energies and will visualize the same through my body for healing.
Good luck with your own effort and patience! May God be with you in time of the need! I believe genuine prayers are always answered.