Steep several slices of fresh ginger root in hot water and sip for an extra health boost or to soothe a cough or scratchy throat.
Try heating up two teaspoons of unsalted butter with two teaspoons of honey. Do not boil! Drink slowly while it is hot.
TAKE TWO TEA SPOONS OF ajama + ONE TEA SPOON OF haldi + TWO SMALL CUPS OF milk and MIX THEM ALL.
THEN BOIL THE MILK WITH CONTENT....
AFTER BOILING ADD HALF TEA SPOON OF namak.
DRINK AS HOT AS POSSIBLE.
TWICE A DAY.ONCE IN THE EARLY MORNING,SECONDLY AT NIGHT BEFORE GOING TO BED.
KEEP IN MIND BEFORE TAKING THIS CONTENT HAVE WATER AS YOU WISH.BUT AFTER TAKING THE CONTENT,DON'T DRINK WATER FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS.
In Russia when I was sick my mom warmed milk on the stove and added honey- always stopped my coughs in the middle of the night :)
cough boil a cup of water and 3 eucaliptus leaves and add 1 tablespoon honey and half lemon juice soothes throat drink in the night
I tried all of the remedies found on related forums, and none worked until my wife came up with this, (she is Asian)seems to be a trade secret.:)
Black licorice! It worked for everyone in the house too!
Makes the cough stop for roughly 20 mins, great for putting kids to sleep but make sure they don't doze off with a piece in their mouth!
I have read every previous posts in this section and have found that a lot are using similar ingredients in their mixtures and concoctions. However, since we are all different, there is no magic solution that works for everyone. You must experiment until you find one that works for you.
Therefore, let me share one more recipe I have developped from people's and friend's comments and which I have tried most successfully during the past 6 months. With this recipe I was able to cure and ward off the common cold (not the flu, but the cold). This recipe hits the cold at various levels (and body locations)
Here it is:
- 1 cup of hot green tea
- 1 freshly squeezed slice of lemon
- almost half a tea spoon of ginger spice (main ingredient #1)
- 1 table spoon of Manuka honey (main ingredient #2)
- Drink this once in the morning and once before going to bed
- add more honey if you can't take the taste because at first you will probably find that this mixture tastes just awful.
- The Manuka honey is a natural antibiotic to help cure the sinuses (and sinusitis)
- The ginger is a natural antibiotic that attacks the bacteria causing the cold
- The lemon is a natural antiseptic good for the throat and intestines
- If you also have a sore throat, it would help to gargle your throat after each meal with warm water and regular table salt. Table salt contains iodine that heals infections.
- If you cough a lot, then make sure you breath in a lot of humid air along with a mixture of therapeutic essential oils of lavender and eucalyptus (3 drops of each)
You should feel between 30% to 60% better after the first day (i.e. 2 cups) and you should be cured after the 3rd day, but this is not a promise, remember what I said earlier about finding a cure that works for you ;-)
Good luck to you all
ADD A LOT OF BLACK PEPPER TO ANY CHICKEN SOUP OR CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP. THE MORE YOU CAN STAND THE BETTER. GET INTO BED WITH LOTS OF COVER, AND SWEAT THE COLD OUT.
Cook 1 pack of Ramen Noodles in Chicken or Chili flavor.
Add 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder to the boiling water.
Once ramen is cooked as directed on package leave enough water with the noodles to create a soup. Add in flavor packet and a dash of cayanne pepper.
Eating the noddles will clear sinuses and soothe throat. Sipping the liquid from the soup will eliminate coughing, clear sinuses and soothe throat.
to get rid of cough overnight put plenty of vicks vapor rub on your feet and add thick socks and sleep with the socks overnight. then drink a mug full of hot cocoa. elevate pillows,keep warm(this may sound crazy but sleep with absolutley NOOOOOO LIGHT.)You should fell better by the next day. (you may also cough a couple of times in the morning but that is just the extra mucus trying to come out so make sure you cough it out)