I literally just used my tooth brush and some warm water and and brushed my lips for 2 minutes. Then I put on some lip balm. It works wonders! TRY IT!
One word....Vaseline : )
• Honey is a great moisturizer. Rub some honey to your chapped lips to heal them fast and retain their moisture.
• Apply some mustard oil into your naval. It is one of the most effective remedy to get rid of chapped lips.
• Mix together one tsp each of glycerin, lemon juice and castor oil. Apply this on your lips and leave it overnight. Wipe it off with cotton dipped in water in morning.
• Apply milk cream on your lips to heal the lips and to keep them soft.
• Apply a paste of honey and Vaseline on the lips and leave them for 10-15 minutes. Remove it by using a cotton ball dipped in warm water.
Some Do’s and Don’ts:
• To avoid dry, dark and patchy lips always apply sunscreen on your lips before stepping out.
• Never peel the dead dry skin from the lips.
• Keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water. People who do not drink sufficient water are more prone to get dry lips and dry skin.
• Gently buff your lips, using a soft toothbrush, to get rid of the deposit of dead cells that will cause more drying and flaking.
• Never ever lick of bite your lips, it will cause more chapping.
• Vitamin A rich food, like, carrots, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet to solve the problem of chapped lips.
• Apply lip balm every night prior to sleeping. Use pure shea butter if possible.
I have a bad habit of licking my lips, and so I suffer from chapped lips problem very frequently. At times the condition becomes so worse that my lips split and bleed. No point telling the immense discomfort it creates.
Causes of Chapped Lips:
Some factors that lead to chapped lips are
• Deficiency of vitamins, iron or essential fatty acids.
• Allergic reaction to some chemicals.
• Excessive licking of lips
• Exposure to sun radiations
• Certain medications
• Change in climatic conditions
Home Remedies for Chapped Lips:
• Coconut oil is very effective in treating chapped lips. Simply apply small amount of oil on your lips several times daily.
• Aloe Vera is an amazing healing agent for our skin. Put a small amount of Aloe Vera gel on your lips daily to cure chapped lips.
• Crush some rose petals and add few drops of glycerin on them. Apply it on your lips every night before going to bed. It will help you to retain the color and lost moister of your lips.
• Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips to get rid of chapped lips.
• Apply castor oil on your dry lips to make them smooth and pink.
My Reccomendations Below>¡
• EVA Lush Lips Nourishing Lip Balm Strawberry
• Blistex Medicated Lip Balm
• Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm
THE END Peeps BYE!
Vaseline and Chapstick are the worst things you can use for severely chapped (cracked, bleeding lips). OK for the short fix but Mineral oil, menthol and camphor dry out lips. When you use thees, your top layer of skin doesn't dry up and the deeper layer never gets the signal to make new cells, so when the vaseline/chapstick wears off, there are no cells to replace it and you need more. Try moisturizng castor oil or beeswax, Blistex fruit smoothies or coconut oil.
In the fall and winter I always get dry and cracky lips so I decided to try this get a tooth brush and put vaseline on there and rub it on until you feel like all the dead skin is off then put on more and lessee it on overnite it made my lips feel good
For smooth lips, all you have to do is,
1.) Fill a small mug with WARM water.
2.) Brush your lips with a dry toothbrush for about 3 minutes.
3.) Rub your lips with the warm water until smooth. Pick ooff loose skin if necessary.
4.) This may sound weird, but I've tried it! Smear a layer of peanut butter on your lips and go to sleep.
Over night the peanut oil will soak into your lips leaving them soft! Wipe off the peanut butter now:) DO NOT perform if you have a peanut allergy! Put on any type of chapstick now! Do this whenever needed!
Hope it helped!
From my experience, the best thing for me is a constant layer of either carmex (not chapstick because it isnt as strongly medicated as carmex) or plain Vaseline. When using these remedies for chapped lips refrain at all times from licking your lips, it wipes away the medication and also when you lick your lips your natural reaction is to dry them, which also pulls out moisture. Also, I know most do it, try not to pull the skin from your lips when they are chapped, it causes pain and can very easily cause them to split and bleed.
okay this might sound wierd...but it works. vasline on lips + warm water + toothbrush = relief. apply a good bit of vasline to your lips the softly rub the toothbrush on your lips to gently exfoliate and to remove the dead skin with out irritation. afterwards, apply a light natural moisturizer like shea butter or coco butter cream/oil
Use pure shea butter on your lips. Works instantly. You can get it at alot of beauty supply places. It is a great natural moisturizer, and has natural sun protection.It can be used for alot more than chapped lips, and a small tub lasts you forever.
I'm in my 30's & I don't use lip balms or vaselline. The bumble bee vomit. (aka-honey) is what works for me because is known & used since ancient times to absorb & retain moisture deep into the skin including our own lips. This has been truely a wonderful moisturizer for my chapped lips. Also, because honey never spoils, you'll have plenty left + you don't have to keep buying it every week or every month. So go on & don't be afraid to dab some on your lips. Little goes a long way. I personally prefer the 'Really Raw Honey' brand because it's thick & creamy to begin with. You can get it online or at a natural foods store. Any honey is also fine although I haven't used the traditional ones. I exfoilate my lips w/ a washcloth you can also use a toothbrush then take some of raw honey & apply a thin layer overnight. Since I'm a back sleeper this works for me. I only do this at night.(Usually I Sleep 6+ hrs) I've even notice a pretty pink healty glow. Give it a try. You can go to their web site. That where I went & got this tip. www.reallyrawhoney.com. I also alternate w/ EVOO which is also moisturizing. (extra virgen olive oil) because I use honey a lot as a substitute for sugar & other skin remedies. Hope it works out for you. To sweet & soft lips. (*^_^*)