I read all that's posted here and found out one thing... jus try something random... I was on such a horrid state of itch tat I put axe aftershave on my infected places and sat under the fan naked.... it burned as hell but redeemed me from the itch:)
I believe this comes under the heading of 'a little knowledge'. I spoke to a person in a health food store and when I told them what I was doing they suggested it might aggravate the problem. The DMSO will take the treatment deep into the skin but also anything else on the surface, such as the fungi/bacteria and may exacerbate the problem. Sorry. Not to leave without a positive note - they recommended Mayan Magic. I've been using it for several days and it has certainly give significant relief from the itching. Feed it into Mr.Google and have a visit to their site: www.lavigneorganics.com
I let them get well established because it did not bother me severely the first year. For about the last 6 mo. I've tried the creams with a prescription grade being the last. Tried zinc oxide with baby powder but too messy and after a week did not seem to be working. I figure they are below the surface layer of skin and have gone to DMSO as a carrier. I mixed equal amounts of DMSO and oil of oregano since I've used it before and know it can be caustic. The first application burned a little too much and I diluted the mixture some with tea tree oil. Mention the DMSO cause I've not seen it in any posting I've read. Make sense? or frustration leading to irrational conclusion. Several days now and will try colloidial silver with DMSO if this does not work.
My remedy is so simple and natural it is on believable
After I take a shower I get a Jorome Vaseline and go almost to my rectum to the very top of my scrotum and really put it on thick and it keeps to be dry and I do not have jock itch anymore
It is not 100% pure occasionally I will have a small itch but it will go away
Excuse the spelling I am blind and I am using a voice recorder to put this on the phone
I had to wash all my underwear with bleach because I kept reinfecting myself. I was on the verge of throwing all my tighty whities away, but then I did the bleach thing and it really helped a lot.
I'm 67 and I've had jock itch since I was in sports in high school and college. Over the years the periodic itching attacks became almost unbearable. I eventually avoided relationship because it was so embarrassing. Over the years I tried every prescription and over the counter medication out there. I also repeatedly combed the internet for home remedy ideas to try. I have put lotions and such on my crotch that would have been an effective tool in a medieval torture chamber in the hopes that if it hurt me that much surely it was hurting the fungus as well. Hardly anything helped at all an a number of things, like over the counter creams and sprays, seem to make the fungus thrive even more.
I tried diets and detox thinking that maybe a systemic fungal or yeast infection was repopulating the crotch skin anytime I made progress in battling it back. I tried being careful about reinfection from clothing, towels, etc.
Occasionally something would seem to have an improvement, but after a few days the intense itching would return.
Finally though it looks like I have really cured my infection, and without any great expense or pain and without taking months and months. Here is the multipronged approach I have used. By the way I have no financial interest in any of these products.
Daily regimen for infected area:
1. Thoroughly scrub with 'Black Detox Soap' from Keavy's Corner Natural Soaps. Among other things this soap contains silver. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Blow dry with a hair dryer.
3. Thoroughly moisten with Activated Stabilized Oxygen water. I used the extra strength 10% formula from ATG and distributed by All THings Good, LLC. Let absorption occur for 10-15 minutes. I think this is the most important step.
4. Rub in Neosporin+Pain Relief ointment.
5. Alternate Step 4 with: rub in Silver Gel Ultimate Skin & Body Care from ASAP365 (distributed by American Biotech Labs)
Do this for at least a month, but the improvement is almost immediate.
The SEEMINGLY INCURABLE JOCK ITCH CURE! (4 months and finally over)
Okay, so I've been going through these forums for 4 months and as usual a combination of these remedies is what I have found that has finally worked.
PREFACE:First off you should be aware that constant reintroduction of the fungus that causes this stuff will make it way harder to cure. And your source might be coming from a few unlikely places.
1. A lady. Seriously, this was my problem. She had it and every time we had sex the fungus was reintroduced. She refused to believe she was carrying it since she had no detectable symptoms and I wouldn't have suspected till I did some research. She finally had a pap smear and they tested for things. Boom, she had it. We stopped having sex for a bit and my rash improved significantly. The upside is I can give her crap about it whenever I want to now. HA!
2. A baby. You can get this from your newborn. Wash your hands, use hand cleaner with alcohol after changing them. My friend had this happen. Babies are gross.
3. And then THE more Likely places, the gym, dirty clothes, dirty sheets, not showering enough, all the classic places. (when washing linens use BORAX)
4. Also be aware of anything new you might be using thats screwing up your skin, new brand of detergent, soap. All that stuff. It's a fairly common cause of irritation.
Okay! Here are my proven cures after trying just about EVERYTHING on the forums. So,Store bought crap like tin actin doesn't seem to do much. It sucks. Antiseptic gels and whips irritate the skin down there too much to help (it just creates a more sensitive place for fungus to eventually grow). In fact most the things that are strong enough to kill the fungus are too much for your skin to handle so You injure your skin in the process of killing the fungus thus making a better environment for the fungus to come back. Its very frustrating in that way.
WHAT WORKED FOR ME: (The double sided attack)
1. Eating tons of fresh garlic. I put it in food and tea. Minced up, about 3-6 cloves a day. Not bulbs, cloves. Still, a lot. You will stink but this works. its an anti fungal that seeps through your pores attacking from the inside.
2. Bourdeaux's Baby Butt cream Extra Strength (FOR THE SURFACE OF YOUR SKIN). This stuff is amazing and is better than any supposed adult jock itch product around. Its super heavy duty and doesn't rub off or wear away easily. Apply once to twice a day and completely wash away the old stuff when you re-apply each time..
3. Getting rid of anti-bacterial soap. Weird, I know but through this I learned that one of the main reasons your skin is letting fungus on to it in the first place is that the natural bacteria on the surface of your body may have gotten out of whack. So to completely erase them all is a bad thing. What you want is to restore the balance and using more gentle but effective means is the way to go. Once again, antibacterial stuff is a temporary fix, your rash will come back worse in a couple days and you will regret it. I had to switch to non antibacterial soap without perfumes and crap in it. Dr broners soap with peppermint is great. Peppermint is a really mild anti fungal and doesn't further irritate.
4. Time and diligence: unfortunately you gotta wait for this regiment to work and stick with it strictly. Even one day of camping and skipping showers can really set you back. I'd say you have about 2 weeks before you see results if you stick to this and then you are gonna have to continue treating for about 2 months after things calm down. I MEAN THIS. It sucks, i know.
Other things that seemed to help but weren't totally effective.
1. Non-alcohol whipes. Once again, i think it was a little too much and made things worse eventually.If you go this route use very sparingly and in emergency cases.
2. Chlorine pools. Seemed to make things a bit better for a few days, but in the end not really a cure.
3. Sun exposure. UV does definitely help. But I don't have the time or opportunity to sit in the sun naked for an hour every day. So thats off the list.
4. Tea Tree. Helps but is just too strong. Might do more harm then good if constantly applied.
5. Not eating sugar or carbs. I think this helped a bit and is probably just a good lifestyle choice in general so go for it. But I didn't find it made the HUGE difference at all. If anything, just stop drinking beer. thats the worst for this condition. Bummer, I know.
So there ya go. I feel like a tried it all. Do the main cures I listed and stick to them like crazy. The bottom list are remedies that I would take like suggestions rather than solid advice.
And lastly ONCE AGAIN...
Stay away from nasty ladies! I consider this an unofficial STD now after those repeated exposures! Obviously I have a gross gross girlfriend. And I will make sure to remind her of this everyday since she gave me such a hard time about this early on. :)
Turkey tail mushrooms and black seed oil (nigella sativa). This combination works incredibly well for most ailments. The turkey tails are known to boost the immune system as well as help fight against viruses and even cancer and HIV. Black seed oil has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties, both when ingested and used topically, and the oil does wonders helping repair damaged skin.
I had a case of jock itch going on for over a month now and it was starting to get really bad. 2 days ago I began using this combination and it's almost fully cleared up already!
I tried everything here, but the fungus spreads and regrows quicker than anything kills it.
I had a really bad case, of jock itch, had fungus on my arm pit, on my head and a little athletes foot.
The THIRD time I went to the doctor he prescribed 1 pill called DIFLUCAM. It took care of all my fungus in about 3 days. One pill! Lifesaver!!!
Here are my experiences with severe jock itch
Bleach worked initially very well, but the jock itch returned, then the bleach stopped working
I have noticed that diet has a large impact on the infection
I am unfortunate to have the infection not only in my toes & groin but in my ear cannals as well.
If I eat bread or foods that contain lots of sugar, yeast or refined carbs, my ears start itching unbearably.
Even though I have my condition under control, I am of the belief that once contracted, I will never be free from the infection. Just keep it contained.
To keep the groin under control:
I shower after my morning toilet #2
When going #2 I always use flushable wipes regardless if I am about to have a shower
After showering, I use a hair dryer on the hotest setting and ensure every crevice is bone dry
I then apply “Curash” powder (Product on the supermarket shelves in Australia)
The most effective cream to manage an outbreak is a product called Kenacomb
Only available here by prescription.
I tried all other over the counter creams, and this product is far, far better than anything