This is going to sound weird...but it works....
1. Position the tip of a finger in front of your ear hole. Open your jaw and and feel for a gap that forms. Press the point inside that gap. Do this carefully. You will feel a tingling sensation in your jaw. This partially paralyzes the nerves causing you so much pain from your toothache.
2. Reposition your finger directly under your ear where it meets your head. It should be in the gap behind your ear lobe. When you open your jaw the gap will get bigger. Press the point inside the gap. You will feel a numbing sensation in your ear and side of your head.
3. Trace a line down and around your jaw bone. Stop when you are directly under the outside corner of your eye. Press the point on the inside edge of your jaw bone. Press upward and outward toward your jaw bone. This will make much of your mouth go numb.
4. Move your finger up to your cheek bone. Feel along the underside of the cheek bone until you reach a point directly under your eye ball when it is looking forward. Press the point upward and inward toward your cheek bone. Much of your face will go numb including your upper jaw.
5. Leave your head completely and find your Achilles tendon. It is the ridge that connects your calf and heel. Press the points on both side of the middle of your Achilles tendon. Do this in the indention between the ridge and the bone that sticks out in your ankle. This pressure point forces your body to divert attention away from your toothache.
Pressure points can and will relieve toothache pain temporarily. This stuff works!!!!
This is going to sound weird...but it works....
mix mashed garlic and salt...rub or plunge on the affected area for a few minutes...rinse...voila no more pain
i have had a toothache for about a week now and a friend of mine told me to use teething tablets for babies so i had some in my medicine cabinet from when my son was teething and i put 3 tablets under my tounge and i instantly started feeling a relief. so i thought i would share it so maybe it will help someone else
So i have been having a toothache for a week now.This only works for a while but it takes the pain away.
1.i brushed my teeth(brushing the tooth that hurts more than the others)
2.rubbing oragel around the tooth
3.rubbing VapoRub on the cheek the tooth is at
Thats what ive done and it has helped.Hopefully ill go to the dentist tommorow.
Don't do the swishing-cold-water-around-it technique. I saw here and a couple of other places online that stated you are actually making it worse. I'd used this method for years with my bad teeth, never getting any sleep, rarely lucking up to get relief, and usually ending up with swelling and having to go to the dentist for antibiotics. To think I made things much, much worse. As you may have noticed, if you don't switch some cold water around it after a few minutes the pain comes back. Bigtime. Ride it out. I know, I know.. I was there, on the ground, writhing in pain myself, but I rode it out.. and they were right. After awhile the pain went down considerably. Unfortunately, I took a drink of cold water not thinking, and the pain came back even worse, instantly. Drink lukewarm liquid, use your clove oil, salt water rinses to fight infection. But get off the cold water. You'll never get to sleep and you'll be miserable. I sometimes went 3-4 days without sleep until I was delerious. It will be a battle to not drink any cold water when you ween yourself off, but it worked for me. Sleeepppp...
I have a wisdom tooth coming in that hurts like a mother b*tch. So last night i went out Walgreens and bought some ibuprofen , Colgate sensitive enamel protect toothpaste and some biotene mouth wash. I took the ibuprofen , brushed my teeth thouroghly , then took a cap full of biotene and swished it around for about 30-45 seconds. Lastly i took a 5mg hydrocodone to help wit the pain and make me sleep. Hope this works out. I hate toothaches , especially a wisdom tooth.
Having heart problems had limited the medications (and the amount of them) I could take. Tylenol would take off the edge, but not wipe out the pain completely. The one thing that really worked the best was saltine crackers. Take two or three, eat the first, chewing on the side of the pain. With the second, chew to a pulp and push it onto the tooth (on top and around it). Let it sit there as long as you can, trying not to eat the cracker. When you do, just chew up another. This worked very well for me, and combined with daily brushing (with sensodine), took away the pain completely.
drink as much alcohol and take as many pain killers you can get your hands on,run a hot needle around the gum line of the problem tooth,extract the tooth with pliers.this will hurt and bleed a fair bit so have a rool of toilet paper and a mop handy.pain will have completely gone within 24 hours.
I'm so proud of myself for this remedy cured me 95% in a matter of 6 - 15 min ( nt sure of time frame was sorta watching tv ). So I was in a fight bout 2 weeks ago n this dude hit me a solid one in my bottom right jaw with a knuckle duster n broke my back 2nd last molar tooth ... It didn't hurt up until last nyt about 5.30. Man it hurt as though I wanted to punch myself to hit the tooth out... So I ran for a painkiller in the hopes that it will help ... Disprine ( blue box ) since I couldn't handel da pain I decided break the disprine in half and put it on the effected area within seconds I felt relief up to bout 55% which I settled for and let it b untill its effects stated wearing off bout 2 hours later... As I was going for da other half I saw a bottle labeld glycerine a see through liquid I thought what the hell and poured bout 6 drops over my gum and tooth and left it there a while... within a few second I started feeling relief of bout 45% within min it turned to 75% and after that I forgot I had a thooth ach untill now 5.30 the next morn ... I jus put a few drops more now n I can already feel it working... Hope it helps u guys
I have my toothache right now. I took A cotton ball had few drops of peppermint essential oil, It did stop the pain for awhile. Another way is to take a bag of tea dip it in hot water and put it on your tooth, it will relieve the pain. Take a pack of BC powder if you have it and put it on your tooth. Now if you have tramadol crush two pills on your tooth that will relieve the pain.