I usually just lay down and relax while listening to classical music. I try to take my mind off of watever is bothering me, pain or otherwise, by reading a book.
Take homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica 6x at bed time. Nux is available at Whole Foods Markets.
1. Lie flat on your back with both legs and feet touching each other. Keep your palms facing the floor.
2. Exhale and bend knees over the chest. Press hands down on the floor and, with a swing, raise waist and hips.
3. Support hips with the hands and lift the trunk.
4. Raise hips and thighs further, supporting them with the back of your hands. From the shoulders to the knees, the body should be perpendicular to the floor.
5. Straighten legs towards the ceiling.
6. Stay in this position for two-three minutes. Gradually increase the duration to about seven-eight minutes.
7. Exhale. Bend the knees and gradually slide down buttocks and back. Release hands from the back and extend legs on the floor.
Take hops, lobelia, or valerian root in capsule or tea form for relaxation.
Take cayenne, ginseng, gotu kola, and hawthorn for extra energy.
Avoid foods or drinks with alcohol, caffeine, chocolate or sugar.
Eat regularly, and eat whole foods such as vegetables and grains, avoiding processed foods.
Drink beverages with hops, such as non-alcoholic beer, for relaxation.