A simple trick I discovered was taking a bit of butter on finger then rubbing it all round my throat before bed. The butter will coat your throat and act as a moisturizer to help soothe and ease the pain of the dryness. In the morning your throat should feel a WHOLE lot better!? Mind did!
Sore Throat Tips and Remedies...
TIPS-WHAT'S NOT GOOD FOR A SORE THROAT?
1. Never EVER drink nor eat dairy products when having a sore throat or hasty cough. Why? Because dairy promotes mucus production, which is NOT what you want.
2. Don't gargle Peppers, spices, or vinegars. This will just burn your throat and irritate it more.
TIPS-WHAT'S GOOD FOR A SORE THROAT?
LEMON JUICE-breaks up mucus
HOT WATER-calms down swelling
HONEY, SYRUPS-Soothing, a tasty ingredient
Grab your tooth brush and some toothpaste and brush your teeth like usual. Try to brush a little deeper than usual. The toothpaste will remove any residue that lies there.
Sip on some very hot water.
A GOOD WAY TO BE PREPARED
Are you at the store? Well pick up a few bags of cough drops, some tea bags, and sore throat medicine. The cost is cheap, and you'll be saving the next person who gets a sore thraot A LOT of trouble.
SORE THROAT- HOW TO NOT SPREAD IT
Oh no! You have a sore thraot, and there are many other people in your house who can, and will get it if you do not follow these simple instuctions
USED TISSUES- throw 'em away ASAP, and keep them away from babies who can play with them and....eat them, YUCK!
DRINKS- no one should ever drink out of the same glassd of someone who has a sore throat, or any sickness.
TOOTHBRUSH- make sure you wash your toothbrush very good after every time you brush your teeth when you have a sore throat, becuase when you feel better and use that same toothbrush that was used when you had a sore thraot and wasn't washed good, its likely you will get it again.
DISSINFECT- you have any sickness of any sort and you want to PREvent any others from having it, right? It's very simple, spray some dissinfetant spray wherever you've been. This will keep everything germ free
1. Pour about a cup of water into a microwavable cup. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Slip in a tea bag of your choice. Avoid spicy teas like ground black peppers or cinnamon. A good example is green tea. This is calming, healthy, and not spicy. Mix in a table spoon of lemon juice and a few drops of honey. Finally, add sugar to taste. drink the tea as slow as possible, but continuous. Make sure your drinking it when its still hot.
2. Ahh, the old salt gargling remedie. Microwave about a cup of water for around 3 minutes. While it's still hot, add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt, fine granulated. Wait until salt is fully dissolved. You know when you've added enough salt when you can't see through the clear glass. in little sips, gargle the salt water. Make sure you garle deep, or were the throat is sore. Like pouring salt on a snail, the salt will break up the mucus.This may sound gross, but you will soon have a lot of spit coming up your throat. This is good, and means it's working.
3. Fresh squeezed fruit juice always helps one who is sick. Place a few apples, some lemons,and spinach into a juicer. Once the juice has come out, ENJOY. This will just build up your amune system and prevent the sickness you have from getting any worse!
I hope these remedies and tips help you with your sore throat and prevention from getting sick again. Remeber, treat, rest, and dissinfect are all of the important rules to follow when being sick. STAY HYDRATED, AND EAT PLENTY OF APPLES!
if you like the home doctor's tips and remedies, please leave a comment below stating 'I need an appointment' then describe what sickness you have, or if you don't know, comment on what symptoms you have. The home doctor will post another guide stating what you may have and how to help and rid of it!
A combination of what everybody is saying on this site seems to work really well.
Take a tablespoon or so of lemon juice
a tablespoon of unpasteurized or raw apple cider vinegar ( braggs )
a 1/2 tablespoon of ginger
honey - you decide
a pinch or two of cayenne pepper
alter to taste but it surprisingly doesnt taste bad .. just spicy
for sore throat, my grandmother used to boil redoak bark. Strain it, than I would have to gargle with than spit it out, and try not to swell it taste nasty but it helped and didn't complain much after you taste about a sore throat.
mom always made me gargle with the nastiest salt water in the world, then would rub mentholatum(or Vicks) on my chest put on a t-shirt, then rub a generous amount of the same on my throat wrap a large handkerchief around that and secure it with a baby diaper pin, not always pleasant but worked... works now. get rid of the sore throat and makes your lungs feel much better, sometimes took a couple of nights
Make oregano tea, usually a small handful of oregano in water if it is too strong add water and for it to taste better add some sugar. usually works by getting all the bad Flem and mucus out of your throat.
Take a half cup of apple cider vinger, 2 tablespoons of honey, and mix in an 8 oz glass of warm water. Drink mixture till gone, it's not the best tasting but it sure gets rid of a sore throat if you feel on comming on
To get rid of a sore throat pour a shot of brandy and mix in teaspoon of honey, and a little bit of lemon juice. Then heat up the mixture in the microwave so that it is hot. Then sip away, it gets rid of your sore throat almost immediatly. The brandy kills the bacteria, the honey soothes the throat and the lemon juice reduces mucus.
When I was small, my mother always wrapped a wet towel around my neck, and over that she wrapped a scarf.(wool)Do this just before going to bed. Leave that on while sleeping and the next morning the throat will feel better.
I don't even know why everyone is typing in 'Oh, take some
Want to know what works? Gargling hot salt water. Yup. You see, Sore throats are sore due to inflammation. Usually, the inflammation is due to a viral or bacterial infection (the common cold, and strep throat, are examples of each). However, sore throat may also be related to allergies or physical injury to the throat. In each case, an inflammatory response has been triggered. Pain, swelling and an itchy or irritated sensation are the common symptoms of this inflammatory response. from the mucosa of the throat. This will make SOME of your 'sore throat' symptoms better. The relief is very real, but also tends to be short-lived, since the gargle has done nothing to remove the cause of the sore throat.
In some cases, gargling with salt water also has a cleansing action. If you are suffering from postnasal drainage due to a bacterial sinus infection or allergies, the mucus which drains from your nasal cavity is full of chemicals that tend to promote an inflammatory response. As this stuff drains down the back of your throat, it leaves a trail of inflamed tissues in its wake. Frequent gargling with salt water will help minimize this problem.
Trust and belive, my remedies are scientifically proven. NO old wives tales, or shit like that.
Funny how the abbreviated word God is short for God Of Death.