My Home Remedies

Poison Ivy Home Remedy Comments

1 Comment for the Poison Ivy Home Remedy

Kayla

I took a visit to kelleys island with my fiancé and his parents. We were walking thru the woods and he warned me to watch out for the poison ivy but I guess I didn't. Three days later I had a horrible break out of poison ivy blisters. And that was two weeks ago!! Since then I've been using caladryl lotion and oatmeal baths but neither has worked. So I got onto my home remedies and combined a few.

First: was the affected area thoroughly with dawn dish soap. Rinse with cool water.

Second: apply a small amount of clorox (undiluted) with a cotton ball.

Third: apply isopropyl alcohol with a cotton ball. LEAVE IT FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES! It will burn once you put the alcohol on but you'll be okay..

Repeat process once every hour or two. It will itch after the soap but be COMPLETELY relieved after the burn of the alcohol is gone! It'll clear up in a day or two! Hope it works for you!

1 comment | Post a comment

Anonymous

OK I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHERE I CAUGHT THIS ICHIE MESS BUT I SIMPLY GOT HOLD OF SOME BLOODSROOT (A NATRUAL BLOOD PURIFIER) THIS IN THE LIQUID FORM MIXED WITH WATER (NASTY AFTER TASTE) WOKED FOR ME STOPPED THE ICHING AND STARTED DRYING OUT THE 1ST USE TAKEN 3X'S DAILY ALSO THEY HAVE THE TABLETS WHICH i'LL GET NEXT TIME 4 SURE....HOPE THIS HELPS

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):