My Home Remedies

Poison Ivy Home Remedy Comments

43 Comments for the Poison Ivy Home Remedy

MeLiSsA

CALAMINE LOTION? NO.
HYDROCORTISONE CREAM? NO
RUBBING ALCOHOL? NO.
VINEGAR? NO.
PEROXIDE? NO.
SALT? NO.
BAKING SODA? NO.
HOT (ALMOST SCALDING) WATER? NOPE.

I THOUGHT I WOULD FIND NOTHING TO HELP ME!

AND THEN....

I FOUND THAT STRAIT CLOROX BLEACH WORKED GREAT ON TOTALLY GETTING RID OF POISON IVY, AND QUICKLY.
I HAD NO PROBLEMS ~ IT DIDN'T STING, BURN, OR EVEN IRRITATE MY VERY SENSITIVE SKIN. (I CAN'T EVEN USE BAR SOAP, HAVE TO USE 'CETAPHYL' OR BABY WASH OR I GET A RASH.)
BUT MY POISON IVY WAS GONE WITHIN 2 DAYS OF JUST DABBING BLEACH ON IT WITH A COTTON BALL ABOUT 2 TIMES A DAY.


ANOTHER THING THAT HAS WORKED FOR THE ITCHING AND IRRITATION IS ACETONE NAIL POLISH REMOVER, OR STRAIT ACETONE. (YOU CAN FIND IT WITH THE NAIL POLISH REMOVERS BASICALLY ANYWHERE) IT STOPS THE ITCH, BURNING AND REDNESS ALMOST INSTANTLY, BUT THE BLEACH IS WHAT I FOUND DRIES IT UP, AND GETS RID OF IT.

I HOPE I HELP SOME OTHERS TO CURE THEIR ITCHY~SCRATCHIES!

43 comments | Post a comment

angelea

wassup, i heard the same thing from my aunt, except her remedie was to scratch each infected area until it bled ansd then pour or dab the bleach on it, it worked, it burnt REALLY bad, but the next day my poison was gone

alex cool

ok listen everyone bleach works but not fast enough.... go to the doctor comlplain about the ich and say you are very vulnerable to the rash and he should prescribe you prednisone which is a steriod and within 2 days of taking it you should notice great results

Anonymous

ya i put the bleach on my eyes and now i'm blind

Anonymous

a guy who works at a tree service, (climbimg trees all day, who is exposed to poison ivy/oak everyday), told me he washes down with clorox before he showers and never has a problem.

David Yocum

I've had this oozing nasty rash on my arm. When I read this about bleach, my first thought was: 'This guy is frickin' nuts' but more and more I thought about it of it's abilities of kill massive stuff like Anthrax, I figured what the hell...

Just to desribe the rash: It was red, swollen, bumps fill with puss along with open oozing ones that I scratched. Needless to say it itched like crazy.

I washed the area well with anti-bactierial soap and hot water, padded it dry. Poured Clorox bleach in a small cup and applied the bleach to the area dabbing it with a clean washcloth. I kept saturating the area, dabbing more for about 5-10 min. Left the area to dry on it's own. (washed just may hands to avoid getting bleach on my clothes) Yes, if you have oozing open wounds it will sting and will continue like this for a bit, BUT it will slowly get better. An hour later... The redness is gone, 90% of the bumps are gone, all bumps with puss gone and the oozing ones dry. The best part: NO ITCHING!!!

It really works!

Thank you!!

David Yocum

Betty, Douglasville GA

I get poison ivy and oak alot the last time I got it I had to go get a shot, but this time I thought about the bleach, so, I am using it now and it is working great, sure it burns and stings but it feel good and it really helps me, no more shots for me.

Jay

I don't think acetone is good to get on you at all now a days. I'm pretty sure it hurts your liver and thats why theres acetone free nail polish remover

Ashley

i have poision ivy all over y lips and chin so im afraid to use it there cuz my skin is super sensitive

Anonymous

Do not put bleach on your poison ivy! I'm a nurse and have seen one to many serious infections and scars caused by people doing this for relief. It stops the itch because it burns and eats away your skin. Please DO NOT do this!

Anonymous

I tried the straight bleach and it didn't work for me. it actually made it worse. i put some bleach on a cotton ball and put on the infected areas. after about 2 min it started to burn and hurt. i removed to connot balls to find the bleach had eatten away the skin around the area and i now have scabs and poison ivy.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):