I've been trying to cure toenail fungus but the methods I'm using are clearing up my severe athlete's foot instead.
Had athlete's foot for about 12 years. ITCHY, DRY, CRACKING SKIN.
I can't believe how smooth my foot is now. I honestly don't know what exactly is helping it so I'm just going to share everything I'm doing.
White vinegar, Brown Listerine, Coconut oil, plenty of washcloths, cotton socks OPTIONAL: Grapefruit Seed Extract
1. Mix equal parts white vinegar, regular (brown) listerine, and warm water in a tub where you can rest your foot/feet. IN ADDITION I also add a few drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract but this part is OPTIONAL. (GSE is known to be antifungal and a little goes a long way.)
2. Soak your foot for at least 30 minutes. (I soak my foot before bed as I read or watch a movie in the meantime)
3. Dry your foot thoroughly with a clean washcloth. (I bought a few packs of washcloths at Walmart specifically for this at a low price) Since athlete's foot is contagious you don't want to reuse the same washcloth until it is clean again.
4. Once dry, rub Coconut oil (I use organic, extra-virgin) all over foot. Like really massage a good amount onto foot.
5. Cover foot with cotton socks for the night. In the morning your foot should be nice and smooth.
I've only been doing this for a little shy of 2 weeks and it's been helping sooo much. Still have a tiny bit of skin peeling but it's not as bad as it used to be. Hope this helps someone out there! Oh btw I only change out the tub once a week. I know it's a lot to do but would you rather have athlete's foot forever??? Small price to pay.