My Home Remedies

Poison Ivy Home Remedy Comments

10 Comments for the Poison Ivy Home Remedy

john martinelli

by taking a cotton ball and soaking it in pure cleaning bleach and applying it to the efeected areas, the poison ivy will go away. you need to pretreat the area by wasking it off first, then apply the bleach. it will sting, but like salt, the bleach will dry out the affected area.

10 comments | Post a comment

Anonymous

I tried this remedy years ago when my oldest child got poison ivy. It worked immediately. Yesterday I tried it when my youngest son had a bad case. It had already spread to 4 areas and I applied chlorox to all with a cotton ball. This morning it looked much better. I have put the chlorox on him again today and the rashes are almost gone! It's definitely working!

Anonymous

This is my husband's preferred method. It usually gets complete rid of even the worst cases within 3 - 4 days. He tends to break the skin and blisters by scratching with his fingernails until he is bleeding. He finds that to be pretty good relief.

Anonymous

I also recommend this remedy. The way I have done it though is too take a white wash cloth and soak it with bleach. Usually done in the show to contain the bleach a little. Then I scrub the effective area until the blisters are broken. Then after a minute or two of the slight burn I wash the affected ares and within a day or so, all of the affected areas are pretty much healed besides a small scab.

Renee

Sent me to the hospital ER for CAUSTIC BURN!!!! DO NOT DO THIS! You will only compound the problem and cause permanent scarring and other similar problems.

Anonymous

i've tried the bleach and it burned my skin very badly and made my poison ivy rash worse and very irritated. i would suggest vicks vapor rub helps with the itching and swelling. good luck im on day number 4 and still have it

TAB

THERE IS NO WAY I AM GOING TO DO THIS TO MY LIL BOY. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD PUT BLEACH ON ANYTHING BUT WHITE CLOTHES. THIS CAN HARM YOU VERY MUCH. I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS AT ALL.....

Anonymous

i have also tried this. although it does work, it is not good for your skin. take your own caution.

MeLiSsA >: - )

I HAVE USED THIS METHOD, IT WORKED GREAT ON MY POISON IVY, AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS, IT DIDN'T STING OR BURN, OR EVEN IRRITATE MY VERY SENSITIVE SKIN (I CAN'T EVEN USE BAR SOAP, HAVE TO USE 'CETAPHYL' OR BABY WASH OR I GET A RASH) BUT IT COMPLETLY DRIED UP MY POISON IVY WITHIN 2 DAYS OF DABBING BLEACH ON IT WITH A COTTON BALL ABOUT 2 TIMES A DAY.

I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS CURE AFTER MY SISTER IN LAW WAS PRETTY MUCH COVERED WITH POISON IVY, AND COULDN'T GET RID OF IT, THEN SHE GOT BLEACH ON HER ARM WHILE WASHING CLOTHES, AND THE POISON IVY DRIED UP WHERE THE BLEACH HAD GOTTEN ON HER SKIN, SO SHE DABBED IT ON ALL THE POISON IVY INFECTED AREAS, AND WAS ALL CLEARED UP WITHIN A FEW DAYS.

Anonymous

This has always worked for me. I just scrape the top of the rash with a knife util it weeps to expose it, then take a washcloth that is barely damp with Clorox and wipe over the rash. It only stings for a second, and then I wipe over it with another washcloth damp with water just to remove the excess bleach. Next, I apply calamine loation and make sure to cover it with a Kleenex or paper towel to contain the oozing and weeping from spreading. The important thing is to go about this with some intelligence and not to go overboard with the scraping or the bleach!!

Anonymous

How do I 'wask' something off?

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):