My Home Remedies

Poison Ivy Home Remedy Comments

9 Comments for the Poison Ivy Home Remedy

Anonymous

Get a hard bristled nylon brush or steel wool or something of thatsort toget the blisters broken open. Then get regular old bleach and pour it on the broken blisters and let sit, do this 2 or 3 times and thencwash off let set about 30 minutes a piece. This burns like hell but it gets rid of the infection almost instantly bythe next morning its dried and gone.

9 comments | Post a comment

Anonymous

Bleach will burn your skin. may be worse than the poison ivy. If you have to try this cut the bleach with water by half and watch for burns.

Anonymous

Your grammar sucks

Anonymous

This is quite possibly the worst advice I have ever read. Don't follow this person's advice.

Anonymous

My grandmother did that my entire life, and it does work like a charm. It stings for a minute, but not bad. Of course, one could have a reaction to it, but none of us kids did, we healed immediately and we all survived the cure!

Anonymous

Who cares about the grammar? This is not an English assignment. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to give us any information on home remedies and the experiences they had with them. Whether I take the advice or not, I do appreciate it. And by the way; using the word, 'sucks' is very juvenile, so maybe think about what you are typing before you submit it.

Anonymous

My personal favorite is rubing alcohol

Rick

Sounds crazy, but it works. I just tried this technique on myself yesterday and I am now poison ivy free!!!

Anonymous

It's actually not that bad of an idea - as a nurse, we use Dakin's Solution on infected wounds all the time. Dakin's is just a 0.45% bleach solution. I would definitely not recommend full strength bleach, and you may not want to purposely pop the blisters, but 1/4 strength bleach solution is used regularly in wound care.

Anonymous

Bleach usually works for me but this time it's not its making mine worse

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):