My Home Remedies

Head Lice Home Remedy Comments

4 Comments for the Head Lice Home Remedy

Lisa

I picked up head lice from my stepdaughter when I used her hair brush. I tried EVERYTHING - vinegar rinse, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, OTC products that smelled and burned my scalp. I needed to get my hair colored and there was no way I was going to go to a salon with head lice. So I bought an OTC box of hair color and that actually killed all the lice. I combed them out with a nit comb after I colored my hair and showered and dead lice and eggs were just falling out. That was 4 weeks ago and to my knowledge they are gone FINALLY. I haven't been itching and have been inspecting my hair and haven't seen any more eggs. I know this is not an option for children but just wanted to share for any adults that may pick up lice from their child.

4 comments | Post a comment

Anonymous

Did the hair color contain bleach?

Anonymous

They do have clear hair dye its just a gloss and I did resort to this and it worked

Anonymous

I have had some luck with dying my hair to get rid of lice but the thing you have to remember is that you need to dye lighter cause you need bleach as one of the chemicals.

Anonymous

I have used black on my teen daughters hair and it killed them so it isn't the bleach

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):