I have had a severe case of Poison Ivy/Sumac the past week, and have read through the remedy's on this page and tried many - dishwasher soadp, vicks, severe rubbing/bleach. Not only did none of them provide any long term relief, I think the scrubbing caused an infection and likely spread to other parts of my body. I gave in and went to the doctor yesterday. He prescribed steroids and 2.5% hydro cream (prescription only). In 24 hours I feel better, even though the ugly red sores are still very present. Please see a doctor wherever possible and get presciptions. I agree store bought medicines are not that helpful.
5 comments | Post a comment