My granddaughter was sent home from school yesterday with head lice. I got on the home remedy for lice treatment and made the shampoo submitted by Sandy 7.4.2010. Medium infestation recipe. 2oz tea tree oil, dawn dishwashing soap and 4oz white vinegar. I used this and it smelled very strong, but went ahead anyway. As i started washing her hair, she began to scream of burning and the fumes began to fill the room. She screamed and jumped uncontrollably. I rinsed her hair and rewashed with her reg shampoo and she continued to scream running through the house. Her skin was turning bright red and my husband and I realized it was indeed burning. She was screaming she was on fire!!! We washed her, put lotion on her skin, solorcain, and nothing would stop it. She was screaming Why did you do this to me Nana!!! We were about to take her to the hospital when we got our aloa plant and applied that. It began to sooth her skin and she stopped crying. I will never forget it. Our whole house smelled of the toxic fumes. My eyes and throat burned as did everyones in the house!When inspecting the bottle of tea tree oil, with a magnifying glass, it said, do not use on animal or children, flammible. I am writin this because I noticed alot of the remedies have tea tree oil in them..... STOP using this it is very dangerous. I should of used just the vinegar or nix shampoo. I don't know if my 5yr old grandaughters screams will ever leave my memory!!!!
8 comments | Post a comment