My Home Remedies

Poison Ivy Home Remedy Comments

2 Comments for the Poison Ivy Home Remedy

Tommy Long

I've always been super allergic to Poison Ivy, oak and sumac and have tried everything over the counter. Although commercially avaiable products do give some relief they don't work as good as home remedies. This is what I do to get rid of it. Mix about three tablespoons of baking soda, with some aloe vera gel and just enough water to make a paste. Mix this all up and put it on the rash. That will help soothe it and drie it out. I also take benadryl (to stop my bodie from making the histamines which cause the itching) as well as douse the area with either bleach or rubbing alcohol. Within about two days it will be completly gone.

2 comments | Post a comment

Jais, Licensed Intern Pharmacist

I would just point out that diphenhydramine (Benadryl) blocks histamine that has already been released by the body into the bloodstream -- it does not stop histamine from being produced.


Bleach? Sounds unsafe. Maybe skip that part.

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):