My Home Remedies

Mange Home Remedy Comments

16 Comments for the Mange Home Remedy

sL

I think my dog has the mange , as I was reading some of the Home Remedies and noticed that most of them suggest kitchen and medicine cabinet Items I had an Idea. Since most of them use soaps, oils , peroxide & flea and tick meds I decided to try my own. I went to the medicine cabinet and found Anti-fungal cream , Astringent, peroxide, sunscreen , hand sanitizer ,mouth wash, hot oil treatment for hair then dog products flea and tick shampoo , hot spot treatment , hot spot shampoo ,antibacterial medicated shampoo, ear mite drops,flea and tick drops then last vegetable oil from the kitchen, I mixed all of these ingredients together and lathered up my dog & left iton her for an hour as she was locked in the pen outside, after the hour I bathed her in regular dog shampoo and conditioner, after drying her off, I sprayed her with antiseptic spray for dogs. She is not scratching right now and hope this works. I will keep you posted as to my results!

16 comments | Post a comment

Anonymous

Did it work? I have 8 week old puppies with mange and I'm at a loss of what to do.

Padhi

Just because many medications are available people are finding quite simple to these expensive medications. I have stayed in far flung remote areas of India where I found company of own Country dogs to be the best. When they suffered from something like Mange... I had no vet nor Google for trying out such stupid things promoted by Pharmaceutical Companies. I tried out various things but nothing worked like Scabizol.. and one of the most common anti itch tablets. When I used to brush it over the dozen Country dogs people from the villages assumed I had lot money to waste as they thought Mange was incurable. In a matter of hardly 15-20 days the skin used to become normal with hair sprouting all over. Then I would visit the district agricultural office and take a tube of anti mite/tick ointment and just a bit of it all over to keep the dogs safe. The same works well with large animals like Cows and the best thing is they are non toxic. It is best to avoid high order antibiotics to avoid drug resistance. Leave those for the vets to play with.. Neem oil is excellent to keep ticks and mites away from animals and mosquitoes from human... People from far flung areas remember me for these things rather than engineering or administration.

Padhi

For 8 week old puppies it is best to see a vet as they basically should not be having mange at such small age assuming that they are staying in hygienic area. There are injectibles with vets but it is more important to get rid of the mites & ticks and their eggs (one female can lay more than 80K eggs)from your house and there are plenty of sprays available.

Anonymous

Are you serious? You actually mixed sunscreen, astringent, peroxide, mouth wash and vegetable oil together and poured it onto your dog? And you think that is supposed to be beneficial? Really? How, exactly, are those products supposed to kill mites? And you don't even know if the dog has mange? You're just guessing that if you dump a bucket of random fluids over your dog that it will benefit somehow? Are you serious?

Emmes

I certainly hope your dog didn't 'lick himself' after you bathed him to dry. If he did, then he would ingest whatever poison you put on him. I know this because I used a homemade recipe on my dog (diluted peroxide, water and borax laundry) and it made my dog sick because he licked himself after the bath. Stop using this now.

vERY CONCERNED WITH CHEMICALS IN CALIFORNIA

DO CHECK WITH THE VET BEFORE TRYING CHEMICALS LEFT ON THE DOG. TOXIC CHEMICALS CAN KILL YOUR DOG AND PUT HIM/HER IN SO MUCH AGONY ESPECIALLY WITH OPEN SORES. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH LEAVING DOGS WITH ANY CHEMICAL AS TOXIC INGREDIENT CAN BE INGESTED THROUGH THE SKIN. DO NOT TRY EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON THIS BLOG OR THREAD BEFORE CHECKING WITH A VET FIRST! DOGS' LIVES AND WELFARE SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION, USE CAUTION AND DON'T LEAVE THEM unattENDED WITH CHEMICALS ON. PLEASE!

Joel

There is no way that this poster is serious guys.

Shareka

Yeah, not scratching because its probably dead! OMG!! You have GOT to be kidding! That's animal abuse if you're serious. That's horrible.

Anonymous

So it sounds like you killed your dog?

Anonymous

You are totally irresponsible if you put all those chemicals on your dog. You shouldn't even own an animal.

1 2 >>

Post a comment

Share your name (optional):