I woke up this morning with the horrible blisters and rash from poison ivy. I know I'm highly sensitive to it and am always extremely cautious when working in the yard. However, the scary thing about this time is I have no idea how I got it! Chin and neck covered and a couple of spots on side of my nose. After reading pages and pages of everyone's home remedies, I decided on the wash using Dawn dish detergent made into a paste with salt. Then following up with Clorox. I moistened my face with lukewarm water then lightly scrubbed on the paste. Gently massaging for a full minute. I rinsed by splashing on the lukewarm water and patted dry with a towel. Dabbed full strength clorox on with a q-tip. I let it air dry while I took my dog for a 20 minute walk. I am not exaggerating at all when I say in that short of time,my chin (which was the worst) looked 100% better!! Can still see a little blistering, but I'm going to do it all again before bed tonight. I work in the public and I think by tomorrow morning with a little make-up, I will be good to go. I am definitely not saying that bleach is the cure all for poison ivy, this is just my experience. My last case of poison ivy was several years ago and I suffered through two months worth of steroids and don't know how many $$ worth of creams, sprays, and gels. The bleach remedy worked for me!
5 comments | Post a comment