combine 1 tsp. of cinnamon with 1 tsp. of lemon juice (use just a little more juice than cinnamon but not much more) and mash together with a fork to form a paste. apply a small portion onto affected area and let sit for 30 minutes. it will sting, but DO NOT REMOVE IT! it really helped my acne settle down. after your 30 minutes is up, wash it off with warm but NOT HOT water. this will clear up the blemish GREATLY.
Use 3 tbsps. of honey. Then add 2 tbsps of Quaker oats. Then apply all over face. Wait 7 minutes. Then wash off.
crush one aspirin tablet and mix with a tablespoon of lemon juice leave on pimples for 20 minutes
These are a few simple steps i use which have effectively helped to clear up my acne:
1. Drink atleast 2 litres of water a day! (not carbonated) Use diluting juice if you dont like drinking straight water. If your urine is yellow then you are not drinking enough water! it should be clear.
The more water the better! avoid carbonated drinks.
2. wash your face 3 times a day, preferably after meals, and before you go to bed. I use anti-bacterial wash twice a day and then a beaded black head wash 1 a day. Ontop of that i wash my face with regular soap in the shower
3. if you are a guy shave BEFORE you have a shower or wash your face and try to use electric razers.
4. Try and get atleast 20 minutes of natural sunlight a day, this keeps your body functioning properly.
5. have clean bed sheets, especially pillows. Try and change them every 2 days. i have 2 pillows and i only use 1 at night, so i flip them over so that im not sleeping on the same side of a pillow for more than 2 nights.
6. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE, alot of people rest there face on there hands while on the computer, or just generally rub there face every so often, maybe to check how bad a spot is feeling. This just spreads the dirt.
7. Try and get a lot of fresh air to your face by keeping your window open or just going outside.
8. Just generally try and have a good diet with a considerable amount of fruit and veg to keep your body working well!
Why pay hundreds of dollars on chemicals that say cure acne, but only burn and dry out your face!?!
Alot of things work like lemons and limes, egg whites and vinegar, even milk and honey. But your skin is still at risk if you don't close your pores.
I find that if you:
- first wash your face with very warm water. It will open your pores.
- Then, wash face with soap. this will clean out clogged pores.
- After that, rinse rinse rinse! Make sure all the soap has been washed off. If soap is left on your face it could potentially clog your pores!
- And finally, put very cold water on you face. It closes your pores and protects them from getting clogged.
I hope this works for you. I worked for me and alot of my friends.
1. Egg white peel off mask
Seperate egg white with yolk. Use 1 piece of tissue paper, trace out your eyes, nose and mouth. Cut out holes you have traced. Use a brush to apply the egg white onto your face. Place the tissue paper you have cut onto your face. Use another tissue to cover the sides of your face. Apply one more layer of egg white over the tissue. Put remaining egg white in fridge for next use. Peel off when dried. Do once a week.
2. Green Beans Mask
Grind raw green beans into powder.
Put 3 tablespoon into a container. Add one tablespoon of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of honey. Mix into paste. Amount of ingredients to mix should be adjusted accordingly, mixture will drip if it is too watery. add bean powder to thicken mixture.
Apply on face and neck everyday, leave on as long as you like. Wash with warm water
This soothes the irritated skin and has whitening effects. It will even out skin tones too. Also great for minimising large pores.
3. Tomato Toner
Follow up with tomato juice as toner. Put one cherry tomato (normal tomatoes will do, except that it is too big and we can't recycle unused) into a cup of hot water for 3 mins. Cut the tomato into halves and glide the tomato all over the face. This will tone the face and calm the skin.You may wanna leave it over night or just wash it off.
Lastly, run a cube of ice over your face to tighten the pores.
Alot of work? maybe, but it is worth it.
This is not a home remedy, but Mary Kay sells a cleanser called velocity. It is only 10 dollars!! I use it twice a day and my bottle from christmas is still half full. Around Christmas time i began to use it and in one week my friends noticed a huge difference. Now the only time i break out is when i forget to wash my face. After i use the velocity cleanser i put Mary Kay acne treatment gel($7) over my pimples and they go away over night. I highly reccromend both Velocity ($10) and the Mary Kay acne treatment gel ($7)
Crush one advil, add some lemon juice and mix to a paste. Then apply to acne (pimples and blakheads)leave overnight or until dry. Then just wipe in off. Helps heal and redue redness.
*Warning may STING*
I'm one of those people who will have clear skin for about a month, and then POW! Volcano city on my face. One of my friends said a baking soda based toothpaste, but I didn't have any. She said a baking soda paste would work. I tried a baking soda paste (3 parts baking soda: 1 part water) but the paste just dried into a new powder, and it stunk pretty bad. However, it dried out my acne and left it less red after overnight. Then I tried a honey/cinnamon mixture (3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon) and it left it less red after 15 minutes. It's supposed to be used overnight, but it's really really drippy, so I don't recommend using it overnight. Maybe a couple spot treatments throughout the day. Also, one of my mom's friends told me that Tinactin works. I haven't tried it yet, I just found out about it last night. She said to not worry about the label or what the actually cream is for, because it will work. I'm not entirely sure, but I hope some of this helps you out.
Sorry if I spelled some things wrong...
For acne use a cream for athletes foot and your regular pimple cream. I use Tolnafate(spelling) and Acne Free 10. Just put a small dolip of each in your palm, mix it together, then apply to your face like any regular pimple cream.