There is this plant called ruda dip it with a little rubbing alcohol and half cotton ball and leave it in the nights while asleep works great
I'm VERY prone to eat infections, colds, pnd and strep. I haven't taken antibiotics for an ear infection in years because my remedy works like a charm each time. This also works for earwax buildup and swimmers ear.
Things you'll need: rubbing alcohol (any %- the higher the better), hydrogen peroxide, distilled white vinegar, witch hazel, a small cup, cotton balls and a heating pad or hot compress of some sort.
1. Mix equal parts of all the liquids. It's all 1 to 1. The ratio isn't a science, you can't mess this up. Note: if you find that your rubbing alcohol burns or causes discomfort just add water to the mixture to dilute it a bit.
2. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution and drip a few drops in your troubled ear until your ear canal is full of the solution and it will start to fizz and bubble and tingle. Wait until the bubbles stop and tilt your head over onto a tissue or cloth to drain.
3. If you used this remedy for earwax buildup or swimmers ear you are done! If you're using it for ear infection go to step 4.
4. Take another cotton ball and tear it in half. Dip one of the halves in the solution a LITTLE BIT. And drop only a drop or two into the ear you just drained. Do not fill it completely with liquid. Plug up your ear with that same cotton ball half.
5. Lay down in any comfortable position you please with your heating pad or hot compress over the ear with the cotton ball.
6. Sleep! Take a nap for a few hours or do this remedy overnight (works best overnight).
7. When you wake up remove the heat and the cotton ball and drain your ear if you still have liquid in there and voila! Your ear infection should be dried up and drained and you can hear again!
If the ear infection causes you pain this solution and heat should really help but if it's not doing the trick you can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain and/or rub lavender oil behind your ear and in front of it (this is especially effected for small children)
Another quick tip for draining the middle ear is grabbing your earlobe and tugging downward firmly and then quickly pulling upward. Do this a few times. You should hear a popping sound as the liquid drains. And open your mouth really wide to open the eustachian tubes.
I hope this helps you all and can find relief!
Much love and peace <3
Have tried all the natural remedies with no result. After praying, and listening to the God who created our ears, I have discovered the MOST EFFECTIVE fast home remedy. Do a salt water rinse. Kind of like how you gargle when you have a sore throat. Mix 1 teaspoon salt to 1 cup lukewarm/warm water. I bought an ear wash syringe online and hold a empty cup under the ear and squirt the salt water into the ear until you've finished the whole cup. Do this 3-4 times a day and in 2-3 days ear is cleared up from being green inside.
Tried many things for troubled ear...congested/infected. What has seemed to help the most is liquid iodine (the kind you can ingest safely - bought the Life-Flo brand @ Lucky Vitamin - it's clear and contains only potassium iodide and purified water.
DO NOT think I would use tincture of iodine in my ears (the brownish yellow staining stuff for cuts and scrapes etc.)as it is for topical use only.
The kind I bought is for internal use...as a supplement - a few drops in a glass of water or juice.
Water pick! Have your dr put warm water and hydrogen peroxide into a mini pressure washer... And flush it out in minutes!
May be very painful (especially if your ear is infected and/or sore already )
Drink a cold substance and there will be relief not all relief but some
Mullein garlic ear oil by herb pharm the best natural remedy.
this might sound nasty but it works!! pee In a cup and get a dropper and put 2drops in the ear that is hurt or infected. this takes about 5 minutes to work but then it feels amazing.
Take a cup of Mustard oil (available in Indian grocery stores) heat it and add 3 tablespoon of Ajwain seeds (carrom seeds) (only available in Indian grocery stores)
bring it to a boil, let it cool. seive it and remove the seeds. Add 3-4 drops of oil in the affected ear, 3 times a day. My child was suffering from ear infections we had got tubes, but then I came to know this remedy, I did it for my second child and she never had any issues with ear infection again.
For ear problems, rub 100% essential oil of lavendar behind, just in front and about an inch or so below your ear that's giving you issues. Works wonders!! And no need to put anything in your ears!