Apply dry Comet or Ajax cleanser on a wet foot and rub it in. Let sit for a few minutes and then completely wash off. Do this every 4 to 5 days until completely clear.
Best remedy ever!!!! After applying cremes and sprays or whatever and use shoes be sure to keep your feet in a dry shoe environment! Often we sweat in our shoes and that's what fungus LOVES, so they spread and the cremes brings nothing anymore. SO what i do: I use cedar wooden insoles from Zederna brand. They have a natural anti fungus and anti bacterial power and smell nice of cedar wood! link is here, get yourself informed: www.cedarsoles.com
Although not everyone have this at home but it cured my Athlete's foot. I got this when they give out samples. The secret is not a new drug, it is socks with silver. Silver has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. It has been proven that silver is more effective than some most powerful prescription drugs. I knew this long long time ago but there was no easy way to wrap feet with silver before, there is now, you can get it here https://igg.me/at/JPsilversocks
Hello people. I had a problem with a similar condition called Jock Itch, caused by the same fungus as athlete's foot most times, that instead of being in the feet is on the groin. This remedy worked for me on that matter, and I suppose it works for athlete's foot as well.
Quoted from John:
"I have had jock itch on and off for several years. Ive wasted a lot of money on pharmaceuticals, antifungal creams and what not. I followed the labels religiously and they still didnt work. I came close with Canestan once but the infection came back while I was using it. Dont waste your money on them. Ive also tried a lot of the remedies on this site, most of them helped but didnt cure it. The one that did was a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil. I cant recommend it more highly. It was amazing. Second day of use itching was gone and the rash subsiding. Third day rash almost gone, and on the fourth GONE! The mixture I use is:
3 Tablespoons of Virgin Coconut oil
20 drops of Thursday Plantation 100\\% pure Tea Tree oil
Mix it in a container, if the coconut oil is to hard, just put it in the microwave for a few seconds to get a nice thick paste consistency. Apply 1-3 times a day, I recommend 3 times a day however it is a little bit messy and if you cant then as often as you can. Trust me when I say Ive tried everything. This one was my savior.
Just to add to this dont stop using it after four days. Keep using it until you’re completely sure the infection is gone. Once the rash goes away I recommend to keep applying it once a day after a shower for at least a couple of weeks, but my god coconut oil make your skin feel so good I might keep it up forever (it smells amazing too)."
I've been trying to cure toenail fungus but the methods I'm using are clearing up my severe athlete's foot instead.
Had athlete's foot for about 12 years. ITCHY, DRY, CRACKING SKIN.
I can't believe how smooth my foot is now. I honestly don't know what exactly is helping it so I'm just going to share everything I'm doing.
White vinegar, Brown Listerine, Coconut oil, plenty of washcloths, cotton socks OPTIONAL: Grapefruit Seed Extract
1. Mix equal parts white vinegar, regular (brown) listerine, and warm water in a tub where you can rest your foot/feet. IN ADDITION I also add a few drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract but this part is OPTIONAL. (GSE is known to be antifungal and a little goes a long way.)
2. Soak your foot for at least 30 minutes. (I soak my foot before bed as I read or watch a movie in the meantime)
3. Dry your foot thoroughly with a clean washcloth. (I bought a few packs of washcloths at Walmart specifically for this at a low price) Since athlete's foot is contagious you don't want to reuse the same washcloth until it is clean again.
4. Once dry, rub Coconut oil (I use organic, extra-virgin) all over foot. Like really massage a good amount onto foot.
5. Cover foot with cotton socks for the night. In the morning your foot should be nice and smooth.
I've only been doing this for a little shy of 2 weeks and it's been helping sooo much. Still have a tiny bit of skin peeling but it's not as bad as it used to be. Hope this helps someone out there! Oh btw I only change out the tub once a week. I know it's a lot to do but would you rather have athlete's foot forever??? Small price to pay.
SolvEasy’s athletes foot cream and spray is an effective treatment for tinea pedis. Apply SolvEasy Tinea Cream and Spray and expect results within 7 days. Follow the link for more details on this amazing product by Egopharm. http://solveasy.com.au/
This Works: I had athletes foot for over 20 yrs..Gets crazy wordt in the summer, cracking split skin between toe & skin rubs off when scractching or rubbing the itch intensively..One rub to much and its to the raw wet damp bloody sweaty pussy moisture that hurts like hell sometime..The blisters on the bottom and sides of foot also..Ok this yr well a couple a days ago after searching for a remedy I decided to just squirt some hand sanitzer btween the toes...Guess what..Oh Shoot! It works..3 days now, still getting better..The itch is like completely gone, even as soon as I take my shoes off, that itch is gone...Hand Sanitizer..!! Makes since though..since it kills bacteria and germs..
After reading so many Athlete's foot reviews and by trials and error, I am finally on the road of beating it so I promised myself i would share this and give back to those who are suffering like i did.
I went overseas to a friend's house and suddenly felt an itch at my foot during dinner. I dig and scratch at it until it bled and tried my best to keep my composure. Weeks later i found white itchy bumps at the sole of my feet. Being stubborn, I never went to dr and thought it would go away. Eventually after scratching, they spread all throughout my foot and to my other foot. This happened within 6 months of first contact. Finally went to dr who gave me lamisil cream (generic name is terbinafine hydrocloride 1\\%). This didn't work too well, but i finally found what worked and now my feet are ringworm free. They are still healing from scars but no more itchy bumps that makes me go crazy in the night.
1) You can buy full prescription strength cream 1\\% at walmart or target. Bought my 1\\% terbinafine hydrocloride cream at target for $10 bucks. Dont buy lamisil, because this is more expensive due to brand name and has the same thing as what i bought.
2)What really cured my feet was : IODINE/POVIDINE solution. $6 at target in the first aid aisle. This DOES KILL THE FUNGUS INSTEAD OF KEEPING IT AT BAY
3) Soak your feet in cold water with some ice, sea salt, most importantly is alot of iodine povidine mixed into it. Some cheap vinegar $3 for 2 gallons at costco. Soak at least twice a day or when itchy.
4) Add some drops in tea tree oil for that minty cold fresh feel. I find the smell very strong but liked how it made my feet feels cool/cold minty and less itchy and hot when i sleep at night. THIS IS ANti fungal so it helps prevent fungus
5) AFTER SOAK, dry ur feet really well. Apply terbinafine 1\\% twice a day. At night, you need to apply TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE OINTMENT .1\\% right after the terbinafine to stop your feet from cracking due to dry skin and being itchy because of dry skin. This is a corticosteroid and is suitable for those who has eczema as well. DO NOT use vaseline or lotion for dry feet because more fungus will grow. Vapors rub did not work well for me, but this did.
I did this and within 5 days, my feet healed 70\\%. Only reason why it came back was because i scratched.
If you do all this but the fungus is still spreading, you probably have a bacterial infection as well and should go ask for oral lamisil/terbinafine from your dr. DR will always try to give you the cream and start minimal treatment but refuse and tell them you tried lamisil cream already for 1 month. They will have to give you the higher dosage with oral medicine.
Prevention- buy ZEABSORB 2\\% AT WAlmart and put in shoes to prevent. Change shoes everyday and sun out for as long as you can.
If this works for you, please do me a favor and help others by sharing this.
For Your Athletes feet problem a much simpler treatment is to simply to coat Vaseline between the toes and it smothers out the AF. Much less painful than the Jim Wade product which will burn like fire. And I know this from experience since I grew up back then since my mother would put in on red bug bites down on my crotch.
I cured mine with tea tree oil after getting it from one of my 4 shower-sharing roomies.
Doused the infected area with tea tree oil, between toes really well, and on/under toenails. After obsessive overuse of the tea tree oil I massaged some coconut oil in- and then yes more tea tree oil. Threw some fresh socks on and went to sleep.
36 hours later and totally gone- if there wasn't scars I wouldn't be able to tell where it was!