I have found that brushing my teeth during indigestion symptoms sends to immediately calm symptoms.
If you are out drinking and want to not have to stop due to indigestion order a Moscow Mule or another drink with ginger beer. I had acid reflux disease for years this was the only non medical remedy I could find at a bar.
A dill pickle with 3 or 4 soda crackers works quickly for me to relieve beginng syptoms. Baking soda, 1 tsp to a glass of water, works well to induce burping to relieve gas. Ginger beer after a meal is helpful also (or ginger tea) ....
Red bush tea with honey as well as 1 tsp mustard, you no longer occupy my kitchen but my heart too :)
The best cure for indigestion is ginger, most pleasant way of taking this is in ginger beer. It will settle your stomach.
For better digestion - take 1 part of cumin seeds, half of pepper,saunf, long pepper, required rock salt and little asofoetida. dry in sun and powder and store in airtight container. Use 1 tsp with ghee or honey just before lunch.It can be kept for 6 months.
Stop consuming high fructose corn syrup (or whatever else they, yes them, try to rename it). In the 70's I had zero digestive problems. It began in the 80's. It took to the 90's to figure out finally it was freaking HFCS.
for indigestion, i tried ginger light tea. boil water add half tea spoon tea powder and a piece of ginger, let it boil for 3 minutes. then strain and add desired sugar.
otherwise take three table spoon ginger juice, add water and sugar [it can boil also].
those who don't like ginger take a chewable dygene tablet.
Apple cider vinegar is best for any form of indigestion (including neck indigestion, chest pain and indigestion, stomach, digestion, etc.) - better than(at least as good as) any medicine than you can take. Take about 2-3 teaspoons per 16 oz. of water and make sure that you mix it well and use straws(important - teeth). Also, note that it is an if all else fails type of solution, because of vinegar's effect as it directly touches your teeth. Try ketchup and mustard(I put up the original ketchup mustard post, too; forgot to sign it) first, as it works for nearly all stomach and chest indigestion. For acid reflux or neck indigestion, you may want to forgo the ketchup and mustard and use vinegar the water mixture above. If neither of these cocktails works, then you may have something serious and the problem may need iatrogenic care. That's how good these remedies are!
01. Chewing a small piece of fresh ginger with table salt five or 10 minutes before meals is good to stimulate digestion.
02. Take an equal amount of black pepper, dried mint leaves, ginger powder, coriander seeds, cumin (jeera) and asafoetida (hing). Grind them together to make fine powder. Take one teaspoonful of this powder twice a day after meals.
03. Drinking buttermilk (lassi) after breakfast or lunch improves digestion. Adding roasted cumin seed powder and a little of salt into buttermilk enhances its effectiveness.
04. Taking plain soda water gives immediate relief from symptoms of gas, distended abdomen and acidity.
05. Mix equal parts of baking soda and water in a glass. Drink as soon as you feel indigestion coming.
06. Half a glass of carrot juice mixed with equal quantity of water is useful in this disease.
07. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of hot water and drink it before a meal to prevent acid indigestion.
08. Drink one cup of ginger tea after meals to promote a good digestion and for heartburn, nausea, etc.
09. Take 1 tsp each of mint juice, lemon juice, and honey.
10. Mix 2 pinches of rock salt and 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain). Chew it and wash it down with water for upset stomach or indigestion.